The followings are the characteristics of nursing care delivery system in surgical floor.
- The Assignment must be fair ,just and equal for all the Nursing Staff.
- High Standard of Care with evidence based practice .
- Patient satisfaction is paramount to hospital survival.
- The support of the ancillary staff and other health care professionals is very important hence the interdisciplinary approach.
- Job satisfaction is very critical for example conducive work environment, family leaves, 401k, social security benefits are part and parcels of job satisfaction.
- Support from all nursing staff working as a team.
- Things to avoid are as follows: Poor communication and assembly lines style in Nursing care.
- Avoid Burnouts.
- Delegate properly and avoid Role confusion.
- Reduce health care costs, and avoid method of care that will incur more cost.
- Avoid all types of resignations ,quitting or silent quitting by making sure that nursing staff are satisfied.
- Protect and maintain high morale standards.
- Encourage and support continuity of care.
- In taking care of the patients ,priorities are very critical and must be set .Working in a big organization such as the hospitals can be extremely frustrating and exhausting if the assignments are constantly unfair,unconducive work environment, lack of flexibility and poor compensation package.
#familyleave, #jobsatisfaction,#patientsatisfaction#priorities#evidencebasedpractice #fairassignment,#unfairassignment.#hospitalsurvival,#performance,#resignations,#hospitals, #hospitalstaff,#surgicalfloor,#nurses, #nursing.