What is procrastination?.It is putting plans away for future dates. I will do my homework on Sunday but today is Thursday and the assignment is given to the class by your professor since Monday to be submitted by the following Monday at 2:30pm.
But you choose to delay or wait for unfounded reasons till Sunday. According to google.com/ search .Procrastination is the action of delaying or the postponement of something. The worst mistakes that students make is putting off assignment or school project for a future dates which lead to:
- Stress you have delayed what you should have started earlier so that you can gather all the valuable information but you didn’t do that.The time is fast approaching and your stress level went up to the roof.
- Panic : You have entered the panic mode and cannot concentrate. All your colleagues have done and completed their project or assignment and are not in the mood to discuss it.
- Fear: You become afraid of the unknown and you are now planning on unfounded excuses that has no merit.You were awake all night trying to finish up your homework or project. Now you’re in the classroom looking so exhausted, weak and sleepy. Your professor who was once a student walked into the classroom and can easily look through you and can see that you are not ready then points out you to summarize what you understand or think about the project. You stood up but has nothing to summarize. And he asked another student who boldly stood up and answered the questions because he did the homework well and on-time.
- Grades: At 2:30pm the professor asked for the submission of the assignments. Everyone submitted their assignment fast,but you crawled slowly to the professor and submitted yours.And on Wednesday the professor brought in the results and you scored D-.You got upset and go to the Dean’s office to report the problem to the Dean with the allegation that the professor “hates me”. Did the professor hate you or you didn’t do the work ?. Most college professors don’t like it when students have not really done assignment well and want grade of A or A+.
- The best solutions are to form the habit of studying every day for few hours. Train yourself to study more.Form habit of reading novels and other textbooks to improve your writing skills. The more you study the better for you and the more habit it becomes.
- Have a study schedule and stick to it.There is time for everything so plan your time efficiently. When you use your time well productivity will increase and stress will be drastically reduced.
- Don’t study when you’re sleepy or drunk. You have no business of drinking alcohol as a student because it will affect your judgment. Study when you are fully alert and oriented ×4.
- Develop more study hours on subjects that has formulas, concrete evidence that cannot be manipulated or twisted to come out with good results because they are evidence based.I am trying to say that you should spend more time with science subjects and less time on arts subjects.
- Don’t study with friends. Study alone so that you can focus on what you’re doing.A stitch in time saves nine.
- What do you think about procrastination?.
🤔 Thank you for your support.
Leave a comment